Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Visiting Again

May 17, 2016:  Updating life.  I just re-read my last post from 2011.  I can't believe that it's been 5 years.  The journey continues.  Still trusting God to lead me home.  I have learned how fragile I am and how strong and faithful He is.  I am returning to the church, to make peace with the past, peace with what was and what was not.  I just read a column by Rachel Held Evans regarding Christians who have left the church behind and the need to return and embrace the truth that the very ones who have hurt us are also the ones who are the key to our healing.  Forgiveness involves recognizing our own humanity and embracing the humanity of us all.  Allowing each of us to be imperfect, understanding that our perfection exists in Christ and not in ourselves, allows us to extend grace and mercy and compassion and acceptance to our fellow believers, and to all of humanity.  So, I am going back, to immerse myself, heart, soul and spirit into the glorious and often imperfect life of the church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment